China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran & Turkey - This amazing trip offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to those with sufficient time to travel the entirety of one of the major branches of the Silk Road, all the way across Asia from Beijing in Eastern China to Istanbul in Western Turkey, covering a distance of some 12,000km and six contrasting countries.
Following in the footsteps of travel luminaries Marco Polo, Ibn Battuta, Hsuan-Tsang and a million ancient Silk Road traders, we’ll take in not only some of the world’s most iconic sights like Xi'an’s Terracotta Army, Samarkand’s Registan Square and Istanbul’s Blue Mosque, but we’ll also cross mountains, deserts and grasslands and meet amongst others the Uighur, Kyrgyz, Uzbek and Turkmen peoples who have made these lands their home.
This is our biggest trip to date and one that has been a long time in the planning. We look forward to welcoming you on this epic continental journey through one of the world’s most engaging and yet unknown regions.
- Undertaking a unique trip of a lifetime along the Silk Road from Beijing to Istanbul
- Journeying through China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran & Turkey
- Visiting more than 15 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Experiencing the incredible diversity of the region from mountains and deserts to grasslands and fertile river valleys
- Seeing some of the world’s finest architectural and cultural gems
- Meeting the many different ethnic groups who live along the old trade routes
- Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 46 breakfasts, 46 lunches, 42 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
- Drinking water throughout
- All transport (minibuses, boats, cars, domestic flights and trains)
- 46 nights' accommodation (42 in comfortable hotels, 1 in a homestay, 1 in a guesthouse, and 2 on overnight trains)
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
NB, Please note that there may be some minor differences between departures in different years so please be sure to refer to individual tour dossiers for specifics.
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.