Sudan Tours & Holidays

Small Group Tours & Tailor-Made Holidays


Experience the rich history and culture that this diverse country has to offer on one of our Sudan tours or tailor-made holidays.

Boasting nearly 600 different ethnic groups, divided between the Muslim north and the Christian south. Speaking over 400 different languages and dialects, this cultural and religious divide has had a profound effect on the history of the country. It is these people though, and their remarkable diversity of traditions and histories, that are a key highlight ...

Read More

Meet the Experts

Speak to a specialist to start planning your trip to Sudan

Start your journey

Group tours

Travel to Sudan with like-minded people on one of our small group tours (usually max size 12), featuring knowledgeable local guides and an expert tour leader.



Explore the pyramids of Meroe

Explore the pyramids of Meroe

Explore the pyramids of Meroe, consisting of more than 200 pyramids in three different locations.

Explore Khartoum

Explore Khartoum

Witness Nubian wrestling, whirling dervishes and busy markets in the Sudanese capital.

Follow the Nile

Follow the Nile

Follow a much less-frequently visited section of the Nile than in Egypt, meeting friendly Nubian villagers along the way.

Discover more


Being the largest country in Africa, Sudan has a wide variety of climactic patterns but in the north, where this trip spends its entire time, hot days (around 30-35 degrees) & cool nights (around 15 degrees) can be expected as is typical of desert regions. Rain is unlikely but not unheard of.


Health and Vaccinations 

There are no mandatory immunisations for travellers to Sudan though you should be up-to-date with Typhoid, Tetanus, Polio and Hepatitis A. Malaria is present throughout Sudan so we recommend you seek advice from your local GP or travel centre as to the correct immunisations and preventative treatments. 


In Sudan the official unit of currency is the Sudanese Pound. 

To check out the latest exchange rate for the places that you are visiting you can go to

Cultural Sensitivity 

On our tours you will frequently interact with local people, each with their own distinct customs and traditions. We therefore ask you to be considerate and to treat them with respect. Your tour-leaders and guides will always be able to advise you accordingly.  

It should be noted that Sudan is a conservative country and both men and women should dress accordingly. In general, loose fitting cotton clothing is best. Neither men nor women should wear shorts; long trousers or long skirts are recommended. Women in particular should be prepared to cover their shoulders when in habited areas. Please note there is no need for women to wear a headscarf, though it’s a good idea to when in the more traditional areas and when visiting religious sites. 

Language & Religion 

In Sudan almost, the entire population of the country follows Islam (around 97%). The other 3% is made up of various animist beliefs and Christianity. Sudan has around 70 different languages, of which Arabic is the most widely spoken alongside various tribal languages. Sudan’s official languages are Arabic and English, with English being spoken by the educated and elite. 


Sudan is 3 hours ahead of GMT. 

A useful website to check the time zone differences is  

Food and drink 

In Sudan, as much of the time will be spent camping, you can expect picnic lunches and dinners which will be a mixture of international and local food. The most common local dishes are ful and fasolija (both bean-based soups), lamb, falafel (taamiya), meat or vegetable stews. 

Please remember that alcohol is strictly forbidden in Sudan and you should not attempt to bring any into the country. 

Travelling Solo In Sudan

All of our small group tours are designed to cater for solo travellers: the number of solo travellers will vary from tour to tour, but usually over half will be travelling alone. Get all of the excitement of discovering new places combined with the security of travelling with an organised group, with like minded people.