Want to book your next trip but worried about what happens if your trip can’t go ahead? Want to know more about how we are planning to keep travellers safe on our trips? This page should hopefully provide all you need to know.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
We understand that flexibility is now a key factor when booking a holiday, and we believe our Covid Promise and Covid Viable Test provide that.
We believe these terms and conditions for making a booking are amongst the most generous in the travel industry right now, and we hope they will give you the confidence, when you feel ready, to go ahead and book your next adventure.
Our Covid Promise states that:
- You will have the right to transfer without any transfer fee, from any of our trips at ANY time if your trip is not Covid Viable (see below).*
- We will not ask you to pay your final balance if your trip is not yet Covid Viable.
- If your trip is not Covid Viable, by 30 days prior to departure at the latest, we will cancel your holiday and you can either transfer your funds to another departure or have a refund.**
We will only consider a trip Covid Viable if pre-departure it meets all of the following criteria:
- There is no national lockdown or ban on foreign travel for the period when your trip is due to depart.***
- Destinations on the tour must not be on the UK’s Red List. ****
- No destinations visited on the tour have in place any significant COVID-19 restrictions for travellers.
- Tourist visas (if required) are available.
- There is reliable airline access to/from the start/end of the trip.
- Following an assessment by both Wild Frontiers and our local partners we are confident that your trip is able to run in both a safe and enjoyable manner.*****
TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
Following consultation with the WTTC (World Travel and Tourism Council), local governments and our partners abroad we are now happy to introduce you to some of the measures we are putting in place for the safety and peace of mind of both our clients and local staff.
Please note that these measures are not exhaustive and will evolve over time as we monitor and adapt to local and national public health recommendations. If you have any questions or concerns at all about any particular tour or destination, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our experts.
- All bedrooms will be thoroughly cleaned between guests with special attention being paid towards frequently touched areas such as door handles, light switches, and taps.
- Where viable we will implement a break of at least 48hrs in the usage of bedrooms between guests to reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination.
- All areas of common use including lifts, staircases and public restrooms will be frequently cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Hand sanitiser and social distancing will be in place in reception areas.
- For solo travellers on our group tours who opt to share a room, we will aim to ensure that roommates remain fixed for the entire journey. Additionally, on camping trips every solo traveller will be provided with their own tent - regardless of whether they have paid a single supplement or not - as it is harder to support social distancing whilst camping.
- While we encourage everyone to bring their own supply of hand sanitiser, we will also aim to provide this on board all our vehicles so that you can utilise this every time you get on and off.
- All vehicles will be cleaned once a day and/or between different passengers – whichever is more frequent.
- If a larger vehicle is required to meet social distancing requirements, we will seek to upgrade you at no additional cost. Additionally – and in situations where social distancing is not practical - you may also be required to wear facemasks.
- All drivers and assistants will follow national policies including using PPE where required.
- For groups, there will be assigned seating between daily cleans so as to minimise the risk of cross-contamination.
Guides & Tour-Leaders
- All local guides are required to have up-to-date knowledge of the nearest local clinics, testing procedures and health policies in each destination.
- Our guides and tour-leaders know the best time to visit sites to avoid congestion and can suggest restaurants that are practicing the highest level of hygiene and social distancing.
- All our on-ground personnel are supported 24/7 not only by our local partners in each country but also by our highly experienced teams in the UK and US. With over 100 years of experience between us, we are well-equipped to handle any situation.
- All our tour-leaders are first-aid trained and carry the relevant equipment to assist you quickly where needed.
- All our clients (both group and tailormade) will use smaller tables and be socially distanced from other diners wherever possible.
- Sharing platters – both a cultural necessity and highlight in many destinations - will still be viable but will include personal serving cutlery for each client.
- Any shared objects including sauces and condiments will be cleaned between each group use and single servings, despite being less environmentally sound, will be provided where possible.
Our group tours remain amongst the smallest available with a maximum of 12 and an average of 9 on most of our departures. Having a smaller group size helps us more easily achieve the social distancing that is now part of the norm for most countries.
Our Joint Responsibility
We cannot ensure your safety alone and we will need everyone who travels with us to take an equal share of responsibility in following guidelines and taking whatever precautions they can to help us keep you and any fellow travellers safe.
Anyone (including clients, tour-leaders, guides and drivers) who exhibits possible symptoms of coronavirus will be required to get themselves tested – with our full assistance, of course, if needed - at the earliest possible opportunity and to self-isolate until results are received. In the unfortunate instance of a positive result we will provide all and any assistance we can and ensure that everyone who may have come into contact with the affected party within the previous 14 days is notified as soon as possible as part of globally recognised track and trace schemes.
Thanking you in advance for supporting us in introducing these important measures to helps us make travel both fun and safe again!
To assist Wild Frontiers clients with the tests required for departing and re-entering the UK from a Green, Amber or Red Zoned Country we have put together a list of suppliers who can provide you with the necessary PCR tests.
Some of the providers below are giving Wild Frontiers clients, with a confirmed tour booking, a discount for using their services. The details of these discounts will be included in your confirmation/final documents.
The Department of Health and Social Care have also created a more in depth list of providers who meet the minimum standards for Test to Release for International arrivals and/or Day 2 and Day 8 testing for International arrivals.
List of Providers: International Travel & Test to Release
Please note the following points about our Covid Promise and Viability Test:-
* We are very happy to offer flexible free transfers as per our Covid Promise but it is subject to fair usage as transfers often involve a lot of work on our part, hence the reason for our usual transfer fees. So please be kind! Please note that while Wild Frontiers will not charge any admin fees, some changes may still be subject to 3rd party transfer fees, such as those imposed by airlines, which lay outside of our control and will be passed on.
** If you were originally booked to travel before 30 April 2020 and transferred to a later date, or if you have a tailor-made booking, there may be some irrecoverable costs which we cannot refund. Please speak to us and we will be able to advise you if this is the case for your booking.
***Since our HQ is in London, Covid Viable status for our Group Tours will be assessed on UK-based travellers. However we are fully aware that many of our clients live in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and beyond. As such, when we deem a trip to now be Covid Viable, everyone booked will have a chance to review their own personal situation before deciding whether or not to remain booked on the trip. Anyone wishing to, will have the option to transfer without fees to another trip at this time. For tailor made bookings, we may also able to consider additional countries’ travel advice when deciding if a trip is Viable. Please discuss this with us at the time of booking.
**** This relates to bookings from UK clients only. We may operate trips to destinations which the British FCDO advise against travel for Covid reasons. If this is the case, anyone wishing to will have the option to cancel with a refund or transfer to another trip. In some cases we may choose to offer a tour to a Red destination but these will be at both clients’ and Wild Frontiers’ discretion and will be subject to alternative conditions to be discussed on an ad hoc basis.
*****If a destination, that we have deemed to be Covid Viable, subsequently fails any aspect of the criteria for two consecutive weeks, you will have the right under our Covid Promise to transfer without any fees.
Our updated FAQs can be found here where we have gone into some more detail and tried to pre-empt any questions you might have. However we are still available if you want to contact us. We are working with a reduced team, but we will respond to you as soon as we possibly can!
We hope that the combination of our Covid Promise and our Covid Viable test will give you the peace of mind and flexibility that travel in this new era seems to warrant.