Silk Road, Central Asia & Caucasus Tailor-made Travel Consultant
We are seeking a travel consultant to join our busy tailor-made department. Excellent sales technique is vital – duties will include selling Central Asia, Caucasus and Silk Road tours, creating tailor-made itineraries, booking tailor-made tours and reserving flights, managing overseas suppliers.
The successful applicant must have a minimum of two year’s experience in working in a sales environment, travel experience, a good telephone manner, be well organised with high attention to detail. Experience in creating tailor-made itineraries an advantage.
Please send your CV and travel profile with a covering letter to Nigel Fisher, Wild Frontiers, 78 Glentham Road London, SW13 9JJ or email to Nigel@wildfrontiers.co.uk
Wild Frontiers is seeking a travel-obsessed videographer to work in their London office. The company is at the forefront of inspirational video, and wants to maintain and improve that area of its marketing, creating videos to inform, inspire and entertain potential travellers.
The videographer will be responsible for creating destination travel films, Facebook advertisements, interview pieces and other ad-hoc films. As well as placing these on the Wild Frontiers website and YouTube channel, the Videographer will be expected to help come up with ways to seed this footage to a wider audience through social media, third party websites and blogger outreach.
Other responsibilities will include management and optimisation of the Wild Frontiers YouTube and Vimeo sites, curation and organisation of the Wild Frontiers video library, and any other editing tasks as required to maintain and update the range of film content on the Wild Frontiers website.
The main tasks will include:
- Coming up with creative, interesting ideas for film content which fits the Wild Frontiers ethos of “Extraordinary Travel Experiences”
- Shooting footage both on location and in the office (in the form of interviews) as well as ad-hoc shooting of Wild Frontiers events and other projects
- Archiving and organising the existing Wild Frontiers video library
- Sourcing suitable clips from stock footage libraries (e.g. iStock) and creative commons content on Flickr and YouTube.
- Curating content sent in by wild Frontiers customers, staff and tour leaders.
- Sourcing suitable music for the films.
- Undertaking any other video editing tasks as required.
- Managing and optimising the Wild Frontiers YouTube and Vimeo channels
- Coming up with ideas and helping to seed existing Wild Frontiers footage
- Working closely with the rest of the Wild Frontiers marketing team.
The applicant should:
- Be creative and able to generate and share exciting ideas around film and other creative content.
- Have strong video editing skills, and be comfortable editing content from different sources together into one film.
- Be able to produce exciting, inspiring and eye-catching new video content – beyond the standard run-of-the-mill travel films.
- Have an eye for detail, and an ability to sift, and sort through a range of content from a variety of sources to select interesting, inspiring clips.
- Be organized and able to create an efficient filing system for video footage
- Be able to manage several video projects at one time.
- Have a sound understanding of licensing and the proper use of stock footage/music.
- Have an ability to work on their own initiative, plan ahead and prioritise.
- Be able to work to a budget and hit deadlines.
- Have a sound knowledge of YouTube and how to maximise the reach of films posted to the site.
- Be flexible and willing to undertake a range of editing tasks as required.
- Be a team player and able to communicate ideas clearly
- Have a portfolio of previous filming and editing
- Have a passion for travel
Benefits & terms:
One-year contract, potentially leading to permanent position.
Salary between £23k -27K depending on experience.
Based in Barnes in West London.
To apply, please send in a CV, covering letter and links to a previous film or edited work to: