In the year India celebrates its 70th year of independence, and the 15th year of our association with it, Wild Frontiers is excited and proud to offer a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel in style around this great country.
From the palaces of Rajasthan, to the backwaters of Kerala and from the mayhem of Kolkata to the tranquillity of Goa’s endless beaches, we will take you on a journey of discovery by way of 15 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, with three esteemed India commentators to help you unlock the secrets of this beguiling country.
Using some of the region’s finest hotels, best restaurants and most engaging guides this is a voyage into the heart of the country, though her captivating urban centres and her evocative countryside. On this tour you will witness all the colour, culture and beauty of India as well as getting away from the madding crowds.
Join William Dalrymple, Patrick French and Jonny Bealby on a true Indian journey of a lifetime!
- Being joined in Delhi by acclaimed author William Dalrymple, in Kolkata by Wild Frontiers Founder Jonny Bealby and in Mumbai by esteemed India commentator & historian Patrick French
- The historic old quarters of Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur
- The Pushkar Camel Fair
- Visit the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and the abandoned city of Fathepur Sikri
- The architectural splendor of Gwalior, Orchha and the majestic temples of Khajuraho
- Search for Bengal tigers and other wildlife in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Varanasi, one of the oldest and holiest cities on earth
- Visit a total of 15 UNESCO World Heritage sites across India, including the Chola temples at Airavateswara, Bridhadeswara and the Buddhist caves at Ajanta & Ellora
- Explore the backwaters of Kerala by traditional houseboat for 2 nights
- Visit Kochi’s (Cochin) atmospheric harbour and Munnar’s striking tea plantations
- Hyderabad, the fabulous ‘City of Pearls’ - with dinner at the sumptuous Taj Falaknuma Palace
- Relax on the beaches of Goa
- Historical sites of Mumbai and UNESCO listed Elephanta Island
- Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 43 breakfasts, 40 lunches, 36 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
- All transport (minibuses, domestic flights, safari canters, day trains, overnight trains, boats and auto-rickshaws.
- 43 nights' accommodation (35 nights staying in luxury hotels, heritage palaces and forts, 2 nights in a jungle lodge, 1 night in a luxury royal tent, 2 nights on a traditional Kerala houseboat and 3 nights on board overnight trains)
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.