Wild Frontiers is an award-winning adventure travel company, founded in 2002 by travel writer Jonny Bealby. We specialise in stylish and original small group tours and tailor-made holidays worldwide.
We are recruiting for travel specialists who have experience of arranging trips to Central Asia (in particular Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan)
Main Function of the Job:
- Creating tailor-made itineraries and selling tailor-made holidays to your country of specialisation. You may be required to sell other destinations.
- Deal with client enquiries by phone, email and website. Enquiries to be managed promptly and efficiently.
- Developing the countries in your sales region to include new destinations and tailor-made products for the website and Axum tour operation system.
- Booking tailor-made tours and reserving flights through our suppliers.
- Dealing and managing overseas suppliers.
- Prepare client travel documentation such as pre-departure information, visas, travel letter and flight tickets.
- Assisting in marketing activities such as coming up with ideas for new products, special offers and writing short articles for our monthly e-mail newsletters.
- Working with Marketing department to come up with ideas for PR and social media ideas.
- Attend Trade shows and function when required.
- Dealing with customer service enquiries and complaints
Main Job Characteristics/Requirements:
- Ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Good knowledge of travel geography, Itineraries and visas.
- Attention to detail, ability to plan ahead.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Customer Service capabilities, able to deal with a variety of clients.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Patience and persistence in dealing with foreign countries and getting answers.
- Excellent Telephone manner, clear speaking voice.
- Excellent organisation/communication/interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation, clean and tidy.
- Computer Literate.
- Numerate, able to prepare client invoices and receipts.
- Ability to deal with clients and agents face to face.
- Understanding of what the adventure/cultural traveller wants to experience.
- General Knowledge and interest in travel.
- Experience in an office-based sales environment an advantage.
- Travel experience preferable in Central Asia.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm or 09:30am to 6:00pm although if we have a departing client you need to be flexible on this. However you may also be expected to work on a later shift - from 11.30am to 8pm - a maximum of 5 days per month.
- You will also be required to participate in the office Saturday rota. You will only have to work a minimum of 5 Saturdays a year.
- Occasionally you will have to attend trade shows and functions as required.
- Approximately 10 working days may be spent overseas.
- 22 days holiday per year
- Travel insurance on company and personal trip overseas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Company Pension
- Free eye sight test
- Discount on trips to WF Destinations, for staff, family and friends
- Wild Miles special partner discounts
- Access to discount for specialist partners. For example, Nomad Travel clinic and Cotswolds Outdoor clothing.