PRODUCT EXECUTIVE ROLE
Wild Frontiers have an exciting opportunity for a Product Executive to join their London based team. The Executive will report directly to the Head of Product and be part of the Product team.
About the company
Wild Frontiers is a privately owned, award-winning adventure travel company, founded in 2002 by travel writer Jonny Bealby. With offices in Gunnersbury, West London and the USA, they specialise in providing stylish and original small group tours and tailor-made holidays worldwide.
The role of Product Executive will include the following main duties:
- Assist the Product Department in a wide variety of areas
- Assist the Head of Product in helping design new innovative Group Tours (GTs) and Suggested Itineraries (Sis) to/and launch on the website
- Regularly source new tailormade product from ground handlers for client operations and website marketing
- Update existing SIs on the website in conjunction with the sales and marketing departments
- Competitor price and product analysis and general market research, both in the UK and US
- Write up and maintain accommodation, travel guide and excursion descriptions and images in the system and on the website. You will also load product onto the database.
- Monitor tour product on third-party websites such as Responsible Travel
- Update and maintain GT & SI photo galleries (label, caption and size images as required)
- Take ownership for all destination-specific information (such as Overview, Country Guides, When To Go etc.)
- Assist the Product Department to manage all product data on the company Reservations Database system
- Liaise with IT teams and problem-solve if Product is not displaying correctly on the web
- Manage expectations and quality of ground handlers and the service and product they provide
- Represent the company at trade shows, slide shows and events such as WTM and AITO
- Participate in training events and overseas FAM trips
- Contribute and assist in other areas of the company as required
- Understanding of the Adventure Travel Market and where the Wild Frontiers brand sits in that market
- Strong administration and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to deal with suppliers in a professional manner at all times, whether by email, phone or face to face, when requesting information
- Strong creative writing skills
- Ability to set and work to deadlines
- A passion for travel and a strong interest in the adventure travel industry
- Experience in a travel related role
- Copywriting and creative writing experience
- Experience in an office-based environment
- Extensive travel experience and knowledge of some WF destinations
- Good working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office packages
- Competency with CMS & Database systems preferred
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm or 09:30am to 6:00pm
- Occasionally you will have to attend trade shows and functions as required.
- Approximately 10 working days may be spent overseas.
- 22 days holiday per year
- Travel insurance on company and personal trip overseas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Discounts on trips to WF Destinations for staff, family and friends
- Wild Miles special partner discounts, e.g. Nomad Travel clinic & Cotswolds Outdoor clothing.
For more information please contact us, or to apply please send your CV and travel profile, along with a covering letter and creative writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org