We are seeking an Operations Manager to join our Operations team at Wild Frontiers. We are looking for a candidate ideally with previous experience of Operations, a Tour Leading background and a passion for travel to remote and varied regions of the globe.
- Being responsible for the overall operations of approximately ¼ of all WF escorted group tours (EGTs)
- Negotiating with ground handlers to contract services for EGTs at competitive prices
- Liaising with ground handlers with regards to EGT allocations, rooming requirements and any additional services required
- Ensuring standards of safety and quality are adhered to in all aspects of tour operation
- Creating client literature and maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of all such documentation including tour itineraries, pre-departure information (PDI) docs as well as web copy.
- Assisting with the development of new Product for EGT
- Preparation of pre-tour paperwork for tour leaders including accounts
- Briefing & Debriefing tour-leaders to ensure that tours are maintained and tweaked to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction are adhered to
- Assisting the Client Support Team with client visas and documentation
- Keeping Sales and clients informed with regards to any tour changes
- Rotation of the 24 hour emergency mobile (typically 2 in 8 weeks)
- Dealing with client enquiries (when called upon to do so by Sales) with knowledge and politeness by phone/email or in person
- Helping out at trade shows and slide shows
- Managing any operational & crisis issues whilst tours are on the road.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree Level preferred
Experience in tour operations with adventure travel a distinct advantage.
Travel experience in the developing world essential. Tour-leading experience highly advantageous
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Jane Westwood, Wild Frontiers, 78 Glentham Road London, SW13 9JJ or email to email@example.com