Our Responsible Business Policy
We guarantee that when designing our tours, we utilise our own experiences to break down barriers, and provide ethical business for those lesser known areas with so much to offer. We pride ourselves on challenging perceptions and raising awareness through low impact experiences and ethical business - not just through charity work.
Our guiding principle is to both create and operate tours that have a positive and sustainable social, economic and environmental impact.
What you can expect from us:
- While our average group size is 9 and most of our trips have a maximum group size of 12. Please refer to individual itineraries for details.
- We have both a strict environmental Leave No Trace policy, to ensure that the habitats we visit are not damaged or spoilt from our presence and a Wildlife policy** to protect the wellbeing of all wildlife.
- We offset carbon emissions on all flights bought through us, and encourage all clients to offset their own carbon emissions to help in the fight against climate change.
- Once quarterly we invest in a renewable energy project, read about these projects in our community blog.
- We aim to ensure that the tourism we bring is beneficial, appropriate and fair to local communities and their infrastructures, achieved through working alongside local people to generate employment and business opportunities, stimulate investment and entrepreneurial activity and ensure maximum revenue remains within the host countries.
- Where possible all tours will have local guides working alongside Wild Frontiers leaders, will stay in locally owned accommodation rather than international chains, eat in locally owned establishments and purchase supplies from the local communities.
- To provide fair wages to all staff and services.
- Promote socially conscience tourism through respecting and encouraging cross-cultural exchange. In each destination we develop close relationships with drivers and guides, and we feel the interaction between our friends and our clients offers both parties a valuable understanding between cultures.
- To protect the human rights of all communities, clients and staff.
- We are proud to facilitate an enduring support structure for the communities we visit through our Wild Frontiers Foundation.
- We are members of both AITO and Responsibletravel.com and have been approved as a Responsible Tour Operator under their set criteria, and in 2012 we won the Guardian/Observer’s ‘Best Ethical Tour Operator’ award.
- A Code of Conduct is included in all pre departure information preparing you on how to travel responsibly, including advice on cultural norms, treading lightly, tipping and bartering.
- Our tour leaders are trained to uphold our policies, including briefing you on appropriate/responsible behaviour throughout your trip.
- We are committed to continuously reviewing and developing our responsible business policy and behaviour, through client and tour leader feedback and in response to changing social and political conditions.
What we expect from you:
•To take pride in being an active ethical traveller, taking responsibility for your behaviour whilst on our tours and adhering to our code of conduct.
•To follow the guidelines provided in your pre-departure information regarding cultural sensitivity, this can include but is not limited to; asking permission when taking photos, wearing appropriate dress in religious destinations and to not encourage begging by handing sweets or money to children.
•To demand responsible policies are being upheld at all times and to let your tour leader know if not.
•To complete your feedback questionnaires thoroughly, letting us know where and how we can improve our responsible behaviour.