John & Christine Yerbury This was our 5th riding trip with WF. All of them very different, all of them in exciting locations. Read More
Giulia Lazzarani I chose such a trip because I wanted to see real India and not only the tourist cities everybody goes to.... Read More
Di Arbothnot I chose this trip as a holiday to rest and recharge the batteries at the same time as seeing this part of India on horseback... Read More
As a dedicated but small travel company we realise that we may not be able to offer all our clients every service they need before travelling, and this is particularly true when it comes to matters of health. Rather than try and give the wrong advice we believe it is far better to put you in touch with specialists who can deliver this service in an efficient, convenient and affordable manner.
Although you may wish to consult your doctor or a specialist travel clinic on advice about travel health, we have found MastaTravel Clinics excellent at providing this information. With them you can also buy a number of useful products including mosquito repellent, malaria tablets and many other forms of travel related products. An alternative you might like to try the Travelpharm at www.travelpharm.com
And in the meantime here are our top five tips for staying healthy abroad:
- Make sure you drink plenty of (clean) water, dehydration is very common when travelling but avoid ice cubes as they may be made from un-purified water.
- Wash your hands regularly. You can buy 'no water' soap gel such as Milton to refresh your hands when there are no bathroom facilities or take some Wet-One wipes.
- Don't forget your sunscreen, high factor is recommended.
- Use insect repellent and long sleeves to avoid getting bitten, even in non-malarial areas.
- Ensure you have the correct vaccinations before you travel and that you have an adequate supply of any prescription medication to take with you.
Let us create your perfect bespoke adventureClick Here
Enjoy one of our highly original small group toursClick Here
Choose one of our favourite exclusive itinerariesClick Here
Explore our Wild World, from top-end luxury to extreme adventureClick Here
Get In Touch
- Call Us: +44 (0)20 7736 3968
- Ask an Expert